The wax is pressed into the paper for greater protection. Don't try any of those half-arsed products where the wax just floats on top of the paper. The minute it gets a little warm in the house, the wax slides right off and melts into the bread.

Do they still called it Waxed Paper? Or do we just think "Wax Paper" nowadays?