This was the Original but not the Old Original. Wikipedia:


The restaurant left the family in the 1930s when it was bequeathed to the Jewish Federated Charities. John M. Taxin, the last owner's grandfather, bought it with partners Hyman B. Sichel and Jimmy Retana in 1945, according to city records.

A few years later, after buying out the partners, Taxin added "Old Original" to differentiate it from Bookbinders Seafood House, which two of Samuel Bookbinder's grandsons opened in 1935 on 15th Street near Locust.

The 15th Street restaurant closed in 2004; it is now an Applebee's.